Are you searching for, “what iPhone do I have?” then you are at the right place. We will help you out in very easy steps. Just before the iOS model of the 10.3, it was not an easy task to find that which model of iPhone a person is having. But if now, we talk about the iPhones running iOS 10.2.1 or more aged than this, each iPhone have been assigned some model numbers. By looking at those mode numbers you can get idea about your iPhone model, like iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, XR or XMax.
After updating your iPhone, every phone have a particular number through which you can easily find out your model of iPhone. If you are wondering “what kind of phone do I have?” just go follow completely our given very easy steps and guide and compare the model numbers with your own phone and hence you will figure out easily your iPhone Model Number.
We have mentioned all of the steps through which you can easily find out your iPhone model number. There are different methods to do so depending on the iOS version of your device. And when you get your model number, then just compare it with the information which have given at the end and get your query answered!
- Also Read: Things To Do When You Get New iPhone
What iOS Do I Have on My iPhone?
First of all you have to find out the iOS version of your device. Then follow our given steps:
- Step #1: Open Settings from the home screen .
- Step #2: Tap on “General” option.
- Step #3: Select About section of your iPhone.
- Step #4: This about section will show you a portion which will be named as software version, this is your actual iOS version.
Which iPhone I Have? For iOS 10.3 or Later
When Apple’s released the iOS 10.3, it had some small updates along with it. But it was with some really helpful thing too, which was that you can easily find out your iPhone Model.
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Steps To Find iPhone Model Number
- Open Settings
On Your Home screen you will find the settings
- Tap on “My Apple ID”
- Scroll down to “My Devices”
- Search For “Device Info”
Under device info, the model number of your iphone will be written.
Which iPhone Do I Have? For iOS 10.2.1 or Earlier
If you have not yet updated your iPhone to the iOS 10.3. Or if you have iPhone that cannot be updated more up from 9.3.1 then you will be required to identify your iPhone’s model number. You can also do this if you’re trying to figure out what iPad you have.
- Step #1: Flip your phone in the rightward or leftward direction, so that you can see the back of your iPhone.
- Step #2: At the back, just near the bottom some figures will be written like A#####. This is your model number
After making a note of your iPhone model number, compare it with this information given.
iPhone Models & Model Numbers
- iPhone (Original Version): A1203
- iPhone 3G: A124 & A1324
- iPhone 3GS: A1303 & A1325
- iPhone 4: A1349 & A1332
- iPhone 4s: A1387, A1431 & A1387
- iPhone 5: A1429, 1428 & A1442
- iPhone 5c: A1507, A1456, A1516, A1529 & A1532
- iPhone 5s: A1457, A1518, A1453, A1528, A1530 & A1533
- iPhone SE: A1662, A1723 & A1724
- iPhone 6 Plus: A1524, A1522 & A1593
- iPhone 6: A1586, A1549 & A1589
- iPhone 6s Plus: A1687, A1634 & A1699
- iPhone 6s: A1688, A1633 & A1700
- iPhone 7 Plus: A1784, A1661 & A1785
- iPhone 7: A1778 A1660 & A1779
- iPhone 8: A1905, A1863 & A1906
- iPhone 8 Plus: A1897, A1864 & A1898
- iPhone XR: A1984
- iPhone X: A1901, A1865 & A1902 (Japan)
- iPhone Xs: A1920
- iPhone Xs Max: A1921
- iPhone 11: A2223, A2111 & A2221
- iPhone 11 Pro: A2217, A2160 & A2215
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: A2220, A2161 & A2218
- iPhone SE (second generation): A2296, A2275 & A2298
Hope, you would have found your model as well as the answer of “Which iPhone i Have?”. If you want to add some more model numbers and their related information to this article, you are welcome. You can give us some tips and some more information regarding numbers of the iPhone models. For more queries you can ask in the comment section….Share with your friends & family.